Join the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to learn about two platforms to support your clean energy planning and permitting. The newly updated State and Local Planning for Energy (SLOPE) platform delivers maps, charts, and data on efficiency, renewables, and (coming soon) sustainable transportation opportunities and potential for your jurisdiction. Once you find your county’s rooftop PV potential on SLOPE, learn how to streamline PV permitting through the SolarAPP+.
Applying the Newly Updated State and Local Planning for Energy (SLOPE) Platform
Learn how you can access and apply the newly expanded SLOPE platform data and visuals for your clean energy planning. NREL will demonstrate how SLOPE can answer questions like:
- How do rooftop PV, utility-scale PV, and wind generation potential and costs vary across my region?
- What portion of my community’s electricity might be generated by renewable technologies in the future under different scenarios?
- Does my community have cost-effective opportunities for small hydropower, district heating, or ground-source heat pumps?
- How much energy could efficiency measures save and which measures are most effective?
Deploying the Solar Automated Permit Processing Platform Plus (SolarAPP+)
Alongside a coalition of code officials, solar industry leaders and regional partners, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is leading an innovative effort to deliver instantaneous plan review and permitting for residential solar and storage. The SolarAPP will make it easier for local governments overwhelmed by residential solar applications to quickly and safely approve most rooftop projects for installation. Join us to learn:
- How it works through a brief demo of SolarAPP+ features;
- How it’s benefitted piloting communities; and
- How local governments can adopt SolarAPP