ICLEI USA will focus our network support on key Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021 (IIJA) programs that best align with ICLEI’s expertise and our network’s needs, specifically the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) program.
Have you received your Notice of Intent to provide your community with Federal EECBG funds in the new year? Not sure if you’re on the list? Find out here.
If you are receiving funds, find additional helpful information here, and please be sure to fill out this form that will provide the Department of Energy (DOE) with important information. In this form, please consider informing the DOE that ICLEI USA (Question 15) can help your community put its funding allotment to work for climate action!
With the Notice of Intent, we know communities are eager to get started, and we are equally eager to help them put the funding to good use! As the Notice of Intent is still a draft of the allocations to each community, we can wait until the final guidance, and award amounts are released to formalize your participation in the Support Package. As an ICLEI USA member benefit, we will continue to help you navigate the additional announcements.
We are proposing the following to our members that are interested in EECBG support:
- Basic EECBG Support Package: $1,000
- Direct support from technical experts to identify what you need to submit for the award
- Develop your emissions mitigation proposal to the DOE based on your local government operation inventory
- Assistance with any baseline data requirements depending on the final DOE guidance
- If your application is approved, we can explore additional fee-for-service support for monitoring and reporting on the strategies via ClearPath, including, but not limited to:
- Modeling strategies’ impacts in ClearPath
- Reporting on emissions reductions
- Comparison of modeled vs. actual emissions (as needed)
- Federal Funding Reporting
If you are interested in additional support from our technical experts, you can explore additional EECBG services including, but not limited to:
- Leading a community engagement workshop
- Producing a contribution analysis
- Aligning climate activities with budget and purchasing processes
Contact us today at email@example.com to learn more!