Dear ICLEI Community:
Thank you for your overwhelming response to the announcement that the U.S. would “renegotiate” the Paris Agreement. The response was swift and amplified by governors, investors, businesses and universities who declare #WeAreStillIn! Local governments globally solidified this position by adopting the Bonn-Fiji Commitment at the Climate Summit for Local and Regional Leaders at COP23.
We, therefore, accelerate our advocacy and technical implementation offerings, knowing that with or without national support, our actions represent just one-third of the reductions needed to achieve global targets.
- ClearPath is used by 476 jurisdictions and contains1,630 inventories
- The Drivers of Emissions Change Toolkit provides abetter understanding of city progress
- ICLEI USA affiliate network now includes universities,key to advance science and evidence-based policies
- COP23 U.S. People’s Delegation brought the voices of tribes, migrants, and youth to an international stage
- The American Resilience Roadtrip amplified the stories of communities racked by extreme weather
- Our Localizing the Paris Agreement Guide offers many opportunities to turn commitments into action
We look forward to seeing you at the ICLEI World Congress June 19-22 in Montreal. Moving forward together