Green Infrastructure Advisory Board
Are you interested in expanding urban forestry, tree planting, and green infrastructure in your community? Do you have best practices to share around planning, financing, and implementing urban greening projects? The ICLEI USA Green Infrastructure Advisory Board dives into these questions!
Photo Credit: Landforce’s 2021 crew works on the Hazelwood Greenway in Pittsburgh, PA.
ICLEI USA is offering this opportunity in partnership with Resilient Cities Catalyst (RCC) and the City of Pittsburgh. RCC and the City are working together on an ICLEI USA Action Fund project that seeks to use artificial intelligence to develop a new heat-energy vulnerability index at the property level (read more about the project here). The index measurements will help local decision makers more effectively target green infrastructure investments.
Overview of the Green Infrastructure Advisory Board
Advisory Board members will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the efforts of leading cities to plant trees, expand green infrastructure, and reduce urban heat vulnerability.
- Explore the implications of green infrastructure for equity, particularly for frontline and equity-deserving communities.
- Discuss how the power of technology can help communities prioritize green infrastructure investments.
- Get the latest information on relevant data sources and uses; policies and funding; and learnings from planting pilots.
- Share local best and emerging practices around green infrastructure and urban forestry implementation.
- Explore ways to leverage this work to support their community’s efforts around trees and green infrastructure.