CitiesWithNature is the official, UN-endorsed platform for local governments taking action for nature. A space to gain technical knowledge in nature-based solutions, connect with peer communities leading on biodiversity and conservation, and advocate in the global arena, CitiesWithNature can help your local government advance regardless of where you are at today.
This 90-minute training covers:
- Presenting the Action Platform within the international institutional processes and agendas (e.g., CBD and COP);
- Mobilizing action for nature;
- Demonstrating the step-by-step functionalities of the Action Platform (i.e., how it works through the website).
What you will learn:
- The Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) recognizes CitiesWithNature and its Action Platform in the Plan of Action on Subnational Governments, Cities, and Other Local Authorities for Biodiversity (2021-2030). By joining (for free), your community can link up with several complementing initiatives:
- The Sharm el Sheikh to Kunming Action Agenda for Nature and People invites civil society, Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities (IPLCs), women and youth groups, business, industry, finance, and individual citizens to voice their commitments.
- To the UN Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC), and specifically its Nature Commitments platform for area-based commitments from various non-state actors, such as NGOs, IPLCs, and businesses, in support of the Action Agenda for Nature and People.
Explore other CWN regional webinars here! If you have any questions regarding CWN or the ICLEI Nature Pathway, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.