Date(s) - 09/22/2020
8:30 am PDT - 9:30 am PDT
This event is hosted by the NYC Mayor’s Office, C40 Cities, and Columbia University Earth Institute.
Cities around the world are leading in the global movement to divest from fossil fuel companies and invest in the future of our planet. This virtual event will feature a panel of global leaders sharing ideas on the roles of sustainable investment and fossil fuel divestment in a green and just recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
The event will showcase leaders from both local and international climate and business communities to discuss how a broad coalition is working together to ensure that today’s investments do not lock-in polluting technologies, and instead support the solutions we need to avert climate breakdown, create good jobs, advance environmental justice, and support livable communities.
- Bill de Blasio, Mayor of New York City
- May Boeve, Executive Director, 350.org
- LaToya Cantrell, Mayor of New Orleans
- Meera Dasgupta, United States Youth Poet Laureate 2020
- Elliott Harris, Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development and Chief Economist in the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
- Mxolisi Kaunda, Mayor of Durban
- Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London
- Bhakti Mirchandani, Director of Responsible Investing, Trinity Wall St and Adjunct Professor, Columbia University
- William Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh
- Shirley Rodrigues, Deputy Mayor for Environment & Energy, London
- Daniel A. Zarrilli, P.E., Chief Climate Policy Advisor and OneNYC Director, NYC Office of the Mayor
Register to receive further details on how to tune in. A link to the YouTube livestream will be sent in a reminder in advance of the event.
Check out other events taking place during Climate Week NYC here.