Primary Staff Liaison to ICLEI
Upon joining ICLEI, members identify staff liaisons from their jurisdictions to serve as the main points of contact for personnel within their jurisdiction, for other ICLEI members, and for ICLEI staff.
How does a Member select a staff official liaison?
Typically, staff liaisons work in planning, public works, facilities management, transportation, finance, or energy offices. It is always up to the jurisdiction to determine the most appropriate person for the role. ICLEI is happy to advise on the selection.
What is the role of the staff official liaison?
- Serve as lead ICLEI contact person for the jurisdiction
- Determine most feasible way to accomplish ICLEI’s Five Milestones Methodology. For example identify resources required, hire staff and/or incorporate existing staff into work plan, contract with consultants, etc.
- Seek necessary support and engagement from other local government staff to implement measures and complete milestones
- Assemble climate task team
- Develop and oversee work plans
- Coordinate implementation of Local Action Plan
- Participate in ICLEI training workshops
What kind of support do staff official liaisons receive from ICLEI?
- Regular notice of new publications and tools, grant opportunities, and progress being made by other Member jurisdictions
- ICLEI’s key climate resources including the Milestones Guide, software access and technical trainings, data collection forms for conducting the emissions inventory, and other publications to assist with emissions reduction planning and related climate protection activities
- Invitations to ICLEI regional, national and international workshops and events
- Registration discounts and, when available, travel and lodging subsidies for ICLEI workshops and events
- Contact with US and international ICLEI Members and liaisons
- Resource recommendations outside of ICLEI
- Support in publicizing climate protection successes such as talking points and customizable press releases
- Ongoing technical assistance and support as the jurisdiction progresses in its work