Although the United States has not ratified the UN Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), U.S. communities are stepping up their action for nature in support of CBD outcomes. To meet the moment in this “Super Year for Nature”, when the UN convenes its Nature Conference, ICLEI USA is preparing a 6-part “Biodiversity Bootcamp” learning-and-leadership virtual training series that will open a pathway for U.S. communities to engage with the CBD proceedings unlike ever before.
Running each Monday from July 18 – August 22, 2022, the bootcamp will offer participating U.S. cities a sequential program that includes technical training supplemented by inspiring messages from mayors and local leaders taking action for nature.
What participants will learn:
- Accepted frameworks for community-level action for nature
- Financing nature-based solutions
- How to integrate nature into local climate and sustainability plans
- Creating indicators and success metrics
- Putting the CitiesWIthNature and RegionsWithNature platforms to work in your community
- How to engage with global advocacy on biodiversity
From Los Angeles’ Biodiversity Index to Fort Collins’ city-wide wildlife corridors and San Antonio’s Trilateral Friendship Garden, U.S. communities are innovating projects and mechanisms that mainstream biodiversity into government planning. Join the ICLEI Biodiversity Bootcamp and start your community’s journey creating action for nature.