ADAPT is a cloud-based software application for managing local climate adaptation analysis and planning processes.
What is ADAPT
ADAPT is a cloud-based software application for managing local climate preparedness analysis and planning processes. It provides a convenient way to organize preparedness efforts, enabling local government staff to scope out a process, identify and manage stakeholders, and conduct vulnerability and risk assessments; future versions will introduce new modules for developing and implementing adaptation plans. As a cloud-based tool allowing for multiple users, it is especially useful in facilitating inter-departmental collaboration and managing data that must be accessed by multiple users over time.
The features of ADAPT are based around the tested and proven Five Milestones of Climate Preparedness framework first set forth in ICLEI’s Preparing for Climate Change Adaptation Guidebook and since applied by dozens of communities around the country. It is the only tool of its kind and it complements a wide variety of spatial modeling tools by providing a platform for managing processes and integrating information.
If you are already registered for ADAPT, access the software with your username and password at iclei-adapt.org.
- Makes it easier to organize your climate preparedness efforts consistent with ICLEI’s Five Milestones of Climate Preparedness
- Allows you to manage data from a wide variety of sources in a secure, central location on the cloud
- Opens up new opportunities for inter-departmental collaboration
ADAPT currently has two modules, “Getting Started” and “Assessment,” which allow the user to:
- Identify climate impacts and sectors at risk
- Organize information about stakeholders and engagement efforts
- Evaluate asset vulnerability using factors like exposure, sensitivity, and adaptive capacity
- Evaluate risk factors using information about probability and consequences
- Store vulnerability and risk information derived from outside models and other tools in a central location.
For more information on ADAPT, contact Mike Steinhoff at email@example.com.
Your ICLEI Support
All ICLEI members receive a comprehensive ADAPT User Guide and Overview Training for reference and learning, and our expert staff is always available for technical support when questions arise.