Providing no-cost resources to support the climate and energy initiatives of California local governments.
What is the Statewide Energy Efficiency Collaborative (SEEC)
Through SEEC, ICLEI has developed its ClearPath emissions management software platform, on-demand trainings, guidebooks, and templates to help California reach its climate action planning and energy efficiency objectives. SEEC resources are built around ICLEI’s proven Five Milestones framework, which offers a systematic approach for analyzing baseline greenhouse gas emissions, developing an emissions reduction target, developing and implementing a climate action plan, and monitoring emissions reduction progress. This framework helps reduce energy costs and improve quality of life for California communities. ICLEI’s California climate programs are delivered in partnership with the California Air Resources Board, the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research, the California Public Utilities Commission, the State’s investor-owned utilities, and other leading non-profits. More information can be found at californiaseec.org.
- No-cost to California local governments to join and use resources
- Leverage proven standards and protocols
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer networking
- Partner with leaders in private energy sector
- Access to the SEEC ClearPath tool; a full-featured, California-specific version of ICLEI’s national ClearPath tool
- In-person and online training opportunities
- Comprehensive and detailed guidance documents
- Technical assistance and advice from expert staff
California local governments, regional agencies and consultants can get the benefits of SEEC today. Please register here today to gain access to the wealth of trainings, tools, and resources SEEC offers.
SEEC’s framework has been built to support all states. If you are interested in developing SEEC in your own state, please contact us.
Your ICLEI Support
SEEC’s resources are easy to use, but ICLEI provides additional support through in-depth training on each step of the program. These trainings are delivered through both live webinars and through online, self-paced learning modules that you can access at any time. As a California local government, you also have access to ICLEI’s technical assistance through dedicated “office hours” designated for SEEC. Go to our Trainings section to find out when the next office hours will be held.
- Institute for Local Governments
- Local Government Commission
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company®
- San Diego Gas & Electric Company®
- Southern California Edison
- Southern California Gas Company
The Statewide Energy Efficiency Collaborative (SEEC) is an alliance between the ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, Local Government Commission, Institute for Local Government and California’s four investor-owned utilities. This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Pacific Gas and Electric Company®, San Diego Gas & Electric Company®, Southern California Edison® and Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.