Catalyzing investment in low-carbon and climate-resilient communities by improving access to existing capital and cultivating new sources of investment.
What is the Transformative Actions Program (TAP)
The Transformative Actions Program (TAP) is collecting and presenting ambitious, cross-cutting, multi-sectorial, inclusive and innovative mitigation and/or adaptation actions led by local governments. The program is the result of a cooperative effort by local government networks to accelerate implementation of local climate action.
Every year during the COP meetings of the UNFCCC, these actions will be brought to the attention of investors and other partners. At this stage 100 proposals per year will be accepted, fairly representing local governments of different sizes around the globe.
The TAP will focus especially on those projects and action plans that have the potential to discernibly contribute to the international pre- and post-2020 climate regime. It also focuses on explicitly identified needs for climate capacity-building and/or financing.
The TAP will be officially launched at the UN Paris Climate Change Conference (COP21/CMP11) to be held in Paris-Le Bourget, France on 30 November – 11 December 2015.
Visit the TAP website at tap-potential.org to learn more.
Why the TAP
- Gain support in climate investment in urban areas over the next ten years
- Increase the scope and quality of local and regional climate action
- Create trust among local governments, financing institutions and investors, to lower the current perception of risk
- Encourage multi-level cooperation and governance in the area of climate mitigation and adaptation
- Raise visibility of local and subnational climate action at the national and international level
- Create support mechanisms to assist cities and regions in designing bankable and transformative projects and action plans
- Contribute to the identification of new finance mechanisms for local and regional climate action
- Gain support in regular monitoring and reporting of project implementation developments
- Aiding mechanisms such as mapping exercises of funding opportunities and obstacles
Join the TAP
The Transformative Actions Program is accepting applications through September 15th!
Visit tap-potential.org/apply to submit your project today.
Your ICLEI Support
Need help completing your application or determining what project is right for TAP funding?
Contact the ICLEI team through the TAP contact page to get the direct support you need.
TAP would not be possible without the support and collaboration with our partners.
Visit tap-potential.org/partners to find out who we are currently working with and how you can join as a partner.