Date(s) - 08/04/2017
● Residents from communities with a population less than 100,000
● Residents from metro areas with population over 1 million
● Communities disproportionately affected by race, class, and other factors in facing climate change impacts
● Persons age 25 and under (at time of application)
● Open: Anyone currently living in U.S.
1) This is an opportunity to speak on the topic of climate change to the global audience on behalf of US communities. In what ways do you represent your community and what perspectives can you bring to COP23? How have you contributed to climate action in your community? (500 words max)
2) There are many pressing climate mitigation and adaptation challenges that need to be overcome, with impacts that affect communities in disproportionate ways. What is your vision for an innovative and inclusive climate policy? (500 words max)
Applicants can submit their essay application here by August 4, 2017. Semifinalists will be chosen by ICLEI staff and finalists will be chosen by public voting at the end of August.