Dates: December 4-5, 2017
Start Time: 6 PM ET/11 PM GMT on December 4.
What is 24 Hours of Reality?
You’ve seen the headlines and witnessed today’s reality: Fossil fuels are creating a climate crisis all around the Earth. Hurricanes hitting harder. Wildfires burning hotter. Temperatures going up, up, up. You know we must change.
But here’s the good news: we can change. And we will change. People like you all around the world are standing with business, community, and government activists everywhere to make climate solutions a reality.
On December 4-5, we’re bringing the world together for one full day to tell this incredible story with the global broadcast event 24 Hours of Reality: Be the Voice of Reality. Former US Vice President Al Gore will host a star-studded event that will broadcast around the world. The Climate Reality Project’s seventh-annual 24 Hours of Reality broadcast—24 Hours of Reality: Be the Voice of Reality—a 24-hour live event, empowering millions watching worldwide to use their voices to speak up for solutions, science, and truth at this decisive point in history. It will be carried by broadcast partners globally, and streamed live online above and at 24HoursofReality.org.
Appearances and Performances
Celebrities, musicians, elected officials, and thought leaders will join the broadcast to highlight the importance of climate activism around the world, including:
- Multi-Grammy award-winning, international superstar Sheryl Crow previewing “Long Way Back,” from the Front and Center Music Series debuting February 8 on public television
- Ryan Tedder and Brent Kutzle of OneRepublic performing their hit song “Truth to Power” as featured in An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power
- Indian music sensation Shaan,premiering his video “Janiye,” an ode to the beautiful Kashmir, which is under threat from climate change
- K-pop star Jay Park, premiering the English version of his song “Yacht”
- Now United in their first televised performance.
- Musical guests: Annie Lennox, Alli Simpson, Sandro Cavazza performing Avicii ft. Sandro Cavazza ‘Without You’, Belinda Carlisle, Billy Bragg, Christy Altomare, Ellie Goulding, G.E.M., The Hives, Iggy Pop, Jason Mraz, Jean-Michel Jarre, The Killers, Levi Hummon, Maná, Midnight Oil, Minzy, Nile Rodgers & CHIC, Phe Reds, Rag’n’Bone Man, Shawn Mendes, Shye Ben Tzur & The Rajasthan Express, Spencer Ludwig, Tall Heights and Young Paris.
- Celebrity appearances: Patrick Adams, Ed Begley Jr., Mariah Carey, Sam Champion,Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Tim Daly, Helen Hunt, Téa Leoni, Jonathan Scott,Shailene Woodley and Calum Worthy.
- Elected officials and thought leaders: President of Chile Michelle Bachelet, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, California Governor Jerry Brown, Oregon Governor Kate Brown, Bonn Lord Mayor Ashok-Alexander Sridharan, San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, Tshwane Executive Mayor Solly Tshepiso Msimanga, Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson, Warsaw Mayor Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz, Philippines Senator Loren Legarda, and World Economic Forum Founder and Executive Chairman Klaus Schwab.
This year’s 24 Hours of Reality will explore the extraordinary climate activism happening all across the planet, highlighting inspiring stories of politicians, businesses, communities, and everyday people standing up and illustrating how we can all make a difference, right now, right when our planet needs us most.
The program will begin on Monday, December 4 at 6:00 PM EST and will be broadcast live from New York City’s Roosevelt Island. The broadcast will travel around the globe highlighting stories of climate activism in six regions: North America, Oceania, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, Europe, and Central and South America. Al Gore will also share stories and statistics from the iconic slideshow presentation featured in the film An Inconvenient Truth and the recently-released An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power.