About the ICLEI Community
The ICLEI Community is a facilitated online networking platform that allows for local governments to share best practices in real time. The Community operates as a resource hub, training center, and live forum all in one, centered around various work streams supported by ICLEI expert staff. Settings allow for work streams to be open for community-wide input or closed to subsets of users, such as for state or regional groups. The ICLEI Community aim is to move local governments forward through a co-generation space for structured and actionable technical assistance.
What to do
- Do be polite, constructive and stay on topic.
- Do search for questions similar to your own before submitting a new question to the community.
- Do reward helpful community members by “liking” their posts and answers.
- Do treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Do have meaningful, genuine interactions that advance mutual goals
What not to do
It is important to note that overstepping the boundaries outlined below may result in a disabled account, or discontinued access to the Power of Us Hub, without warning.
- Don’t spam.
- Don’t be rude.
- Don’t post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
- Don’t self-promote or post a stand-alone solicitation of any kind, in any form. Responses to posts with offers for products or services may be appropriate depending on the context.
- Don’t share any copyrighted content that you don’t have permission to share.
Reporting Inappropriate Posts
If you come across content that you believe falls outside of our guidelines, you can report it by clicking on the ‘Flag’ button which will send an anonymous alert to ICLEI staff for review. Otherwise, send a message to any ICLEI staff member or an email to email@example.com.
We value these guidelines, and believe that they will help keep the ICLEI Community a useful and positive place for everyone to be.
We want to hear from you! If you have suggestions about changes to the ICLEI Community, you spot a typo, or just think of something cool we should know about, send a Community message direct to any ICLEI staff member or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ICLEI USA Team